Remember to enjoy all of life's simple pleasures while creating a mixed media canvas design
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #3 round brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- linen or canvas fabric
- 1 piece of scrapbook paper
- burlap canvas
- paper flowers
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Using a 3/4" flat brush, add some White Gesso into the lower left hand corner of the burlap canvas and extend it up to the top and out to the right of the canvas. To even out the intensity of the white, add a couple streaks in the upper right hand corner of the canvas.
- Cut a piece of text scrapbook paper 6" x 12" and use Matte Medium to glue it onto the canvas. apply a layer of Matte Medium on top of the scrapbook paper to seal it in. Cut a length of vintage lace large enough to wrap around the canvas. Use Matte Medium to adhere the lace onto the canvas. Then cover the lace with additional layer of Matte Medium on top to seal it in.
- Using the Yellow Shimmer Mister, spray the lower left hand corner of the canvas.
- To tone down the brightness of the yellow, use your finger to rub some Titanium White paint onto the scrapbook paper as well as the raised portions of the lace to bring out some of the details.
- Position Brocade Motif stencil onto the canvas, use painter's tape to hold in place, if needed. Use a palette knife with some White Modeling Paste to fill in the stencil. Carefully remove the stencil while paste is still wet. Wash your stencil immediately and allow the modeling paste to dry completely before continuing.
- Use your finger to rub some Metallic Gold onto the raise texture of the modeling paste. Give the gold motif a little bit of an aged look by using your finger to rub some Titanium White onto some portions of the raised detail.
- Cut a 4" x 6" piece of music note scrapbook paper. Use Matte Medium to adhere the paper onto the canvas. Apply another coat of Matte Medium on top. Once dried, Use your finger with a little bit of Titanium White to lower the left and upper right corners. Use the #3 round brush with Titanium White to add some freehand swirls in the right corners.
- Use your finger to rub some Metallic Gold paint onto the upper right hand corner of the canvas. Paint your laser cut wood frame with Cobalt Turquoise Hue. Allow the paint to dry completely, then spray one corner of it with White Shimmer Mister. See final photo for reference.
- Cut a 6" x 6" piece of chipboard and coat with Matte Medium. Use a palette knife to mix together some White Tinting Base with Cobalt Teal Hue to create a minty color. Brush the paint onto the chipboard and allow it to dry completely. Coat the chipboard with a thick layer of Crackle Paste and allow it to dry completely.
- Use a hot glue gun to adhere the linen heart to the canvas. Then glue the crackled chipboard onto surface. Adhere the paper flowers around the lower left and upper right corners of the chipboard. Take printed quote on mint colored cardstock and cut it out to fit behind the laser cut wood frame. Hot glue the quote cardstock onto crackled chipboard and adhere laser frame on top. Optionally, add some gemstones onto the top and bottom of frame. See final photo as placement reference.