Display your favorite cookie and recipe with a cute Woodland inspired display created using Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- 1" flat brush
- burlap ribbon
- 1/4" flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- #0 liner brush
- bottle or round container
- palette knife
- embellishments of choice
- wooden beads
- small snowflake embellishments
- pipe cleaners
- basswood round
- wood stick
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Clean the container with a damp paper towel. Paint the outside of the can with Cocoa Bean using a 1" flat brush.
- Attach the 4" burlap ribbon to the can using a hot glue gun. Next, attach the sticks to cover the burlap.
- Adhere two pipe cleaners onto the top and bottom edge of the can. Attach a wood round onto the top of the lid with hot glue. Glue a pipe cleaner around the edge of the lid.
- Using a 1/4" flat brush, paint (4) small wooden beads in Cactus. Paint another (4) small beads in Red Barn. Once dried, thread onto twine into pattern: Cactus, unpainted, Red Barn, space. Wrap around the can, tie, and cut off excess.
- Brush Decou-Page on the snowflakes. Sprinkle Glamour Dust glitter on each. Tap snowflakes to take off excess. Hot glue snowflakes onto twine.
- Hot glue a gnome onto a piece of bark. This will be a sled.
- Using a palette knife to spread the Snow-Tex on the top of the wood round lid forming peaks. Press pieces down into wet Snow-Tex or let dry then use hot glue on the bottom of the sled, mushrooms, and tree to adhere on the snow.
- Paint the center of the wood disc in Almond using 1/4" flat brush. Use (3) wooden sticks to form an "A" shape. Two 4" pieces for the sides and (1) 3-1/4" pieces for the cross bar. Adhere together at the top and at the cross bar making sure to leave some excess stick on both sides. Adhere the other 3-1/4" pick on the back. When dry, paint the hot glue with Cocoa paint to help blend in.
- Using a pencil, hand write a recipe onto the wood. When satisfied, use a liner brush to go over the font in Red Barn and Cactus.
- Attach an embellishment of choice (mini cookie plate shown) onto the recipe easel using hot glue.