New Year's Glass Paint Marker Wish Ornaments
Posted by DecoArt on Dec 8th 2020
Create ornaments to hold a new year's worth of wishes with DecoArt® Opaque Glass Paint Markers™.
- paper towels
- rubbing alcohol
- thin ribbon or string
- clear ornaments
When using Opaque Glass Paint Markers always prime first: Shake the marker and pump the tip on a clean surface until the paint flows to the tip.
- Gather as many clear glass ornaments as you will need for the project. Make one for each person in your family or friend group. (TIP: Clear plastic ornaments work as well.) Remove the tops and place to the side.
- Wipe the entire surface of the ornament with rubbing alcohol and a paper towel to remove any oils or dirt.
- Use the provided patterns to write your favorite New Year's quote onto the ornament with the Black Opaque Glass Marker. (With this ornament, I wrote "NEW year" on one side and "NEW me" on the other.)
- Paint patches of color on the ornament with the Fuchsia Paint Marker. Let dry.
- Add more patches of color using the Violet Paint Marker. Let dry.
- Add some green patches of the Green Paint Marker. Allow to dry.
- Add a pop of yellow using the Yellow Paint Marker. Allow to dry.
- Finish the ornament painting with patches of the Turquoise and Red Paint Markers. (Leave some clear space on the ornament so you will be able to see what will be placed inside.)
- Write your wishes on a piece of paper and tie with string or ribbon. Place in the ornament to read again next year.
- Use the provided patterns to make other ornaments with your favorite New Year's sayings.
- Add embellishments inside the ornaments like tiny pompons and glitter. Add the top back to the ornament and tie on ribbon or string to hang.
- Start a new family tradition by filling with new wishes every year and taking out your wishes the the following year to see if they came true.
- Set out the ornaments with your other New Year's décor. (Or, if you still have your Christmas tree up, take off all the Christmas ornaments, leave the lights, and add your New Year's Eve wish ornaments.)