Store those Valentine's cards in this whimsical box made with Americana® Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- #6 flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- #1 liner brush
- Styrofoam cone
- #1 round brush
- pen or pencil
- scrapbook paper
- cigar box
- wooden heart
- Clean and dry the cigar or wooden box.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Snow White to paint the entire outside of the box. Rinse brush.
- Use a pencil or a pen and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the unicorn face onto the box.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Melon to paint the unicorn's muzzle. Rinse brush.
- Use the #6 flat brush to mix (1) part Poodleskirt Pink with (1) part Melon. Use the mix to paint on the cheeks. Rinse brush. Save the mix for a future step.
- Use the #6 flat brush and Sea Breeze to paint two wooden hearts. Rinse brush.
- Use the #1 round brush and Sea Breeze to paint the nostrils. Rinse brush.
- Use the #1 liner brush and Lamp Black to outline the nostrils and eyes and to add the smile. Rinse brush.
- Use the 3/4" flat brush and Ice Crystal to go over the entire outer box. Repeat as needed. Rinse brush.
- Fold a piece of white cardstock in half.
- Use a pencil or pen and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the ears to the white cardstock.
- Use scissors to cut out the ears.
- Use the #6 flat brush and the mix from step 5 to fill in the inner ear sections. Rinse brush.
- Use the #1 liner brush and Sea Breeze to make tiny hearts on the insides of both ears. Rinse brush.
- Use a hot glue gun to adhere the ears and hearts on the cheeks.
- Lightly sand the top and bottom of the Styrofoam cone. Wipe off any loose Styrofoam.
- Pour a bottle of Silver Craft Twinkles onto the cone and and brush it all over until the cone is fully coated. Let dry completely.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the mane sections onto different colored scrapbook paper or cardstock. Use scissors to cut them out.
- Use the #6 flat brush and Melon to paint half of the pink mane. Rinse brush. Use the #1 liner brush with Melon to add hair detail. Continue on the matching paper manes with Sea Breeze, Pineapple, and Wild Orchid. Rinse brush before switching colors and at the end.
- Use a glue gun to adhere the mane sections to the top and back of the head. Glue layers together where the colors overlap.
- Glue the cone horn onto the top of the box.
DOWNLOADSUnicorn Face Pattern
Unicorn Mane Pattern