Create some whimsey for a garden with Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #3 round brush
- 1" flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- Versa Tool
- wooden shapes
- E6000 Glue
- basswood plaque
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Wipe a dried-out gourd with a damp paper towel to remove any dirt.
- Pencil in the desired door and windows. Place the door in the bottom center; a window on each side; and a window on the top of the gourd. Cut out the spaces using a Versa Tool.
- Paint the bottom two-thirds of the gourd in Melonball.
- Using E6000 Glue, adhere on the hearts in varying sizes on the top half of the gourd. (Place the larger hearts toward the bottom, layering upward with smaller hearts.)
- Using a #3 round brush, paint the bottom row of hearts in Shrimp. Paint the remaining hearts and stem in Chick.
- Cut two circular wooden pieces for the window shutters using the VersaTool and adhere on the side windows. Using E6000 Glue, adhere a triangle and trapezoid on the tip window. Adhere a decorative door frame around the door opening. Paint the door opening and frame in Orange Sherbet with a #3 round brush. Paint the window shutters in Chick. Paint the triangle and trapezoid shape on the upper window in Shrimp and Melonball, respectively.
- Using a #0 liner brush, paint the swoops on the Chick hearts in Orange Sherbet. Let dry. Once dry, apply an additional coat of Shrimp to the same swoops, allowing some of the other color to show through. Paint vertical lines of Orange Sherbet on the Melonball trapezoid shape. Using the handle end of the brush, add White Birch dots onto the Shrimp hearts.
- Using a liner brush, add horizontal stripes on the window shutters in Shrimp. Free-hand a number of choice on the door frame. Use the handle end of the brush, add White Birch dots around the door frame.
- Add medium-sized dots under both windows in Lavender Fields. While the paint is still wet, use a liner brush to swirl in Eggplant. On random flowers, use the #3 round brush to add petals in Shrimp by dotting the tip of the brush to create an oval shape. Use the #3 round brush and Green Beret to free-hand stems, leaves, and grass.
- Paint a small oval plaque in Lavender Fields using a 1" flat brush.
- Transfer the provided lettering onto the oval using transfer paper and a pencil. Using a #3 round brush, paint the lettering in Chick. Let dry. Once dry, add shadow to the right side of the text with an ultra-fine point permanent marker.
- Using the handle end of the #3 round brush, add White Birch dots around the outside of the oval. Use the handle end to add dots of Shrimp, Chick, and Orange Sherbet in four corners. (Refer to photo.) While the paint is still wet, use the very tip of the brush to swirl in Iris in the center of each flower. Using the same brush, add leaves as desired in Melonball.