Use Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics to give feathered friends their own place to call home.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #3 round brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- wooden birdhouse
- #5 round brush
- #0 liner brush
- wood filler
- mini wooden birdhouse
- drill and small drill bit
- wooden dowel rod
- medium wooden plaque
- 1" pouncer
- E6000 Glue
- wooden heart shape
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Sand the first laser-cut birdhouse. Wipe away any sanding dust with a damp paper towel. Cut out string on top of house. If desired, fill hole with wood filler and sand.
- Sand the second laser-cut birdhouse. Wipe away any sanding dust with a damp paper towel. Cut out string out top of house. If desired, fill hole with wood filler and sand.
- Mix together (1) part Cotton Ball with (1) part Canary. Using a 1/2" flat brush, paint the sides of the birdhouse in the mix. Save the mix for future steps. Paint the top and base of the birdhouse in Coastal Waters.
- Using the 1/2" flat brush, paint the sides of the birdhouse in Flamingo. Paint the top and base of the birdhouse in Orange Sherbet.
- Paint the entire wooden plaque in Inch Worm using a 3/4" flat brush.
- Transfer the provided pattern onto the wooden plaque with the tracing and transfer papers and a pencil. Mix together (1) part Pewter with (1) part Cotton Ball. Paint the two sidewalks with the mix and the 1/2" flat brush. Paint the bushes in Green Beret using a #5 round brush. Apply additional coats as needed, allowing to dry between coats.
- Using a #3 round brush, paint in rough shapes to form the rocks of the sidewalk. (Refer to pattern.) Use the #3 round brush to create star shapes in the bushes in Iris. Let dry. Once dry, use the handle end of the brush to make dots of Canary in the centers of the flowers.
- Double-load a 1" round pouncer with Coastal Waters and Deep Turquoise. Pounce onto the palette or plastic plate to blend the colors together. Pounce scallops onto the Coastal Waters roof. (Refer to photo.) Re-load the pouncer when needed. Repeat for the opposite side of the roof.
- Repeat the previous step on the other birdhouse roof using Orange Sherbet and Poppy.
- On the sides and back of each birdhouse, draw a whimsical window. Using a 1/2" flat brush, paint in Baby Blue.
- Use the mix from STEP 2 to paint the window panes using a #3 round brush. Paint whimsical shutters in Deep Turquoise with the 1/4" flat brush. Let dry. Once dry, create horizontal lines in Coastal Waters on the shutters.
- Create the window panes on the Flamingo birdhouse in Pink Tropics using a #3 round brush. Let dry. Once dry, create shutters in Orange Sherbet and horizontal lines in Poppy.
- Paint the front, back, and sides of (2) large and (1) small hearts in Iris.
- Paint the mini-birdhouse to match the larger houses using a #3 round brush in Pink Tropics, Orange Sherbet, the mix from STEP TWO, and Coastal Waters. Let dry. Once dry, drill a hole into the bottom of the birdhouse to fit the small dowel (post). Cut the dowel to the desired length; paint in Pewter. Using E6000 Glue, adhere the dowel inside the drilled hole.
- Drill the same size hole into the center bush of the garden, being careful not to drill all the way through the plaque. Use E6000 Glue to adhere the birdhouse to the plaque.
- Using a liner brush, paint "MAIL" on the small heart and two desired numbers or words on the larger hearts in Coastal Waters. Using E6000 Glue, adhere the hearts into the place on the tops of the houses and birdhouse. (Refer to photo.)