Use a squeegee to make a simple and colorful modern art piece that will bring any room together.
- baby wipes
- masking tape
- 11" x 14" primed canvas (or larger)
NEEDS FINAL PHOTO
Clean off the squeegee with a baby wipe between colors.
- Gather the supplies needed for this squeegee art project: the Americana Acrylic paint colors, masking tape, 11" x 14" canvas (or size of your choice), and a 4"-5" squeegee (or larger if your canvas is larger). Start by masking a 3/4" border around the edges of the canvas with the tape.
- Pour a small line of Royal Fuchsia onto the masking tape on the top left of the canvas. Pull the squeegee through the paint and drag it horizontally, from left to right. Clean off the squeegee with a baby wipe each time you use it. Next, pour a line of Festive Green below the pink line, leaving a gap between them. Pull the squeegee through the green paint and then wipe the squeegee clean. Allow the two stripes to dry.
- Pour a line of Jack-O'-Lantern Orange between the pink and green stripes. Pull the squeegee through the paint, overlapping the other two stripes some, and then wipe it clean.
- Leave a gap below the green stripe, and pour a small line of Cadmium Yellow onto the masking tape. Pull the squeegee through the paint from left to right at a slight angle downward. Clean off the squeegee and allow the area to dry.
- Now working vertically on your modern art piece, pour a line of Ultramarine Blue onto the masking tape in the top right corner. Pull the paint with the squeegee from top to bottom. Clean the squeegee and allow the stripe to dry.
- On the bottom left side of the canvas, pour a True Red line of paint onto the masking tape. Pull the squeegee in a curved motion to the bottom of the canvas. Wipe the tool clean and allow the red to dry. Next, pour a line of Brilliant Purple onto the top right side of the canvas. Pull the squeegee through, in a curved motion, to the top of the canvas. (TIP: Turn the canvas to work at an angle that is comfortable for you.) Clean the squeegee and allow the canvas to dry.
- For the last stripe, turn your squeegee art piece so the red curve is at the top right. Pour a line of Bahama Blue on the masking tape and pull the paint from top to bottom. Clean the squeegee with a baby wipe. Allow to dry.
- Finally, remove the masking tape. (TIP: If there are any areas where the paint bled under the tape, just use a baby wipe to remove unwanted paint.)
- The result is a fun, bold piece of modern abstract art that brightens any office wall decor or can add color to any room. As a bonus, this squeegee painting is an easy art and craft project for adults or kids.