Stack painted rocks for a unique Halloween decor piece with Patio Paint!
- #0 liner brush
- air dry clay
- 1/4" flat paint brush
- 1 inch paint brush
Find three rocks that can stack on top of each other. If they do not stack perfectly then use air dry clay to create a base to stack on.
- Begin with a rock that can support the two other pumpkins.
- Apply Patio Paint Outdoor Orange Poppy over entire rock. Once dry apply Pumpkin from top to bottom of rock in a crescent shape leaving a 1/8 inch between each crescent exposing the Orange Poppy. Highlight each crescent in the middle with a blend of Pumpkin and Cloud White.
- Begin with the second rock.
- Apply Patio Paint Outdoor Pine Green over the entire rock. Once dry begin at the top and apply Fern Green in a crescent shape with 1/8 inch in between. To highlight blend White Cloud and Fern Green and apply in the middle of each crescent.
- For the top pumpkin find a rock that will balance on top for the stem.
- Apply Patio Paint Outdoor Pine Green over entire rock. Once dry apply White Cloud from top to bottom crescent shapes leaving 1/8 inch between each shape. Blend Pinecone Brown and Fern Green to blend in between White Cloud.
- For the stem apply Patio Paint Outdoor Pine Green over entire stem. Once dry apply wavy lines from top to bottom with Pinecone Brown, Fern Green and Cloud White. Apply all paints in long wavy lines to create the look of a stem.
- If the rocks do not safely stack on top of each other apply a 1/2 inch round circle between. Stack the rock on the clay to fit it. For the stem apply a small amount of clay and apply leaves to the base clay. Allow one day to dry.
- Once clay is dry apply a base color of Patio Paint Outdoor Fern Green. Apply layers of Pine Green, Pumpkin and Pinecone Brown till you get the fall look you want.
- For the top and stem apply Patio Paint Outdoor Fern Green, Pinecone Brown, Pumpkin and Cloud White.
- For the top of the witches hat apply Patio Paint Outdoor Wrought Iron Black over entire rock. Once dry apply a 1 1/2 inch band with Pumpkin band around the base. For the buckle use White Cloud and Wrought Iron Black, blending together to get a light gray and outline the buckle with Wrought Iron Black and use to create belt holes. Use the blended gray to create shadow and a patch.
- Apply Patio Paint Outdoor Wrought Iron Black over entire witches hat base. To create a look of a patch apply a blend of Wrought Iron Black and White Cloud to make a gray. Apply lines horizontally and vertically till desired look.