This DIY 4th of July clothespin wreath makes for the perfect patriotic decor.
- wooden stars
- e6000 adhesive
- embroidery hoop
- The 4th of July Acrylic Paint Set works perfectly for this DIY patriotic project! This acrylic paint set includes 7 Multi-Surface Satin paints and 1 Galaxy Glitter.
- Gather supplies you will need, including a wooden embroidery hoop (preferred size), wooden stars, wooden clothespins (enough to fill size of embroidery hoop), and E6000 (or preferred adhesive).
- Separate the embroidery hoop and put the outer hoop aside.
- Begin to clip clothespins onto the inner hoop.
- Continue to clip clothespins around the hoop.
- Apply adhesive to the outer loop.
- Place the clothespin hoop on top of the second hoop with adhesive.
- Press firmly and allow to dry.
- (TIP: turn over and place something flat/heavy on top while drying.)
- Paint wooden stars with Cotton Ball using a small soft brush.
- (TIP: place on a non-stick surface like freezer paper to dry.)
- Pick a blue to use from the set, either Blue Lagoon or True Blue. I chose to use True Blue. (TIP: plan where the red, white and blue will be placed. Paint enough blue area so there are even amounts of red and white areas.)
- Paint True Blue onto the top left fourth of the wreath using an 8 flat brush.
- Paint second section with Red Hot using a small flat brush.
- Continue to paint all of the Red Hot areas and then paint the white areas using Cotton Ball. Allow to dry. Apply a second coat of paint, if needed.
- Plan the placement of the white stars onto the blue before adhering.
- Apply light amount of glue to the back of each star and press firmly onto wreath. Allow to dry.
- Optional: use the metallic and glitter paints, included in the set, as an accent to your wreath.
- (TIP: a great way to see how the accents look with the colors in your wreath is to paint out color swatches to see if you like the combinations!)
- This upcycled project is a fun and easy way to celebrate the 4th of July. Make yourself or enjoy art time with family and friends. This is a cute door or wall decoration for any patriotic celebration.
- Get your own 4th of July paint set today!