Treat your gal pal to a satin-finished, hand-painted wooden bag and magnets.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- hot glue gun
- 3/4" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- baby wipes
- 1" painter's tape
- 1/8" flat brush
- shredded paper
- Cricut Explore Electronic Cutting Machine
- Cricut Cutting Vinyl
- Dot maker #1 (fine touch)
- Martha Stewart adhesive stencils
- FolkArt Peel and Stick Painting Stencils, 30859 Borders
- foam pouncers
- drawing paper
- unfinished wooden purse-shaped box
- 1-1/2" round wooden disk
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Unscrew the hardware on the wooden purse and set aside.
- Paint two coats of Pink Tropics on the outside of the purse using a 3/4" flat brush.
- Paint two coats of Flamingo on the inside and the inside edges of the purse using the 3/4" and 1/4" brushes.
- With a ruler, measure the center of the front of the box. Make a light mark with a pencil.
- Center the border stencil with the pencil mark and press it down into place. To help keep it tight while applying the paint, tape the stencil down to the ends to the box with painter's tape.
- Load a foam pouncer with Lipstick. Paint the entire stencil with this color. Remove the stencil and allow to dry.
- Load the dot maker with Inchworm. Place a dot in each flower center of the stenciled image. Load the dot maker with Flamingo and apply it on the two dots on each side of each flower.
- Place painter's tape next to the painted stencil edges and apply one coat of Triple Thick Gloss Glaze over the stenciled image. Also paint Triple Thick on the handle of the purse. Let dry completely.
- Load the dot tool with Venetian Gold. Apply it down both sides of the stenciled area (on top of the glaze). Paint the handle hardware with Venetian Gold as well.
- Let dry, re-attach the original hardware, and set aside.
- Using a 3/4" brush, paint two of the wooden disks Lipstick, one in Flamingo, one in Pink Tropics, and one half Flamingo and half Melonball.
- Stencil one of the Lipstick disks and the Pink Tropics disk with flowers from the Martha Stewart Fair Isles Dots stencil: Load the stencil brush and stencil the large flower with Flamingo. Load a fresh brush with Inchworm and stencil the dots. For the Pink Tropics disk. stencil the flowers with Lipstick and accent with Melonball.
- The flamingo and heart disk has an ombre effect. To achieve this, use a 3/4" brush and lightly brush Flamingo over Lipstick (about 2/3 of the way down). The flamingo and heart are Cricut vinyl cut-outs.
- The "Lattes & Lipstick" disk is Flamingo and has Melonball on the sides. The words and lips are Cricut vinyl cut-outs. The dots are created with the dot maker in Lipstick, Melonball, Inchworm, and Pink Tropics.
- The "Girl Tribe" disk is half Flamingo and half Melonball. It has Cricut vinyl cut-outs and Inchworm dots made with the dot maker.
- Open up the Cricut file and cut out the images and words: https://design.cricut.com/#/design/196444979. Or you can print the images, trace on the disks, and hand-paint them.
- Using a glue gun, apply a small dot of glue to the center backs of the disks. Press the magnets into the glue and let dry.
- Add some shredded red paper inside the wooden purse box. Add the set of magnets.