Accent Christmas decorations with a trio of pillows spelling "JOY" created using SoSoft paints.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- freezer paper
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- sewing machine
- Start with (2) yards of red fabric that has been pre-washed according to SoSoft package instructions. Cut three squares that measure 19"x19" for the pillow fronts. But (6) squares that measure 19"x16" for the backs of the pillows.
- Cut (3) pieces of freezer paper to fit your Silhouette machine. Using the files provided, but the J, snowflake, and Y out of freezer paper. Make sure the shiny side of the freezer paper is facing down.
- Find the center of the pillow fronts and line up to cut the image out. Tape down the image to secure in place. Using an iron, carefully iron on the image to the fabric. Make sure the shiny side of the freezer paper is facing down. Repeat for all images.
- Once ironed on, they should look like this.
- Place something (such as cardboard) under the painting surface. Using a foam brush, carefully apply White SoSoft paint to stencil. If desired, mix in Glimmer Glitter to White paint for a sparkly effect. Repeat for all images. Remove freezer paper while paint is still wet. Allow image to dry according to paint package instructions.
- Hem (1) 13" end of each of the 19"x13" pieces of fabric by folding over 1/4" twice and sewing down the middle.
- With rights sides together, lay one of the 19"x13" pieces of fabric over your pillow front, matching up the raw outer edges and placing the hemmed edge towards the center of the pillow.
- With the right sides together, place another 19"x13" piece overlapping the first, matching the raw edges and leaving the hemmed edge towards the middle of the fabric. The two back pieces should overlap by about 5". Pin the pillow in place, making sure to secure the overlapping edges and hemmed edges well.
- Saw a 1/2" seam around the outer edge of the pillow. Clip the corners and finish the seams.
- Flip the pillow cover right side out and stuff with the 18" pillow form.
DOWNLOADS"j" Cut File
Snowflake Cut File
"y" Cut File