Make an adorable nightlight for a child's room this Halloween with Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics and a foam pumpkin.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- #6 flat brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- #1 round brush
- black marker
- Versa Tool
- foam half pumpkin
- tea lights
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Lay the half pumpkin on the canvas and use a pencil to trace around the perimeter.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the haunted house pattern onto the foam pumpkin. Use a black marker to darken the lines.
- Carefully use a Versa Tool or craft knife to cut out all the window openings, the door opening, and around the perimeter.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Black Tie to paint around the pumpkin shape on the canvas. Rinse brush.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Orange Sherbet to paint a little mound shape on the bottom of the pumpkin outline. Go over some of the mound using Chick. Rinse brush.
- Continue painting up the pumpkin with Pumpkin Patch and then fade into Paprika. See photo. Rinse brush. Let dry completely.
- Use a #1 round brush and Chick to make random stars on all the Pumpkin Patch and Paprika areas. Rinse brush.
- Use a #6 flat brush and Lavender Fields to paint the two sides of the house. Rinse brush. Use the same brush and Iris to paint the middle section of the house. Rinse brush. Use the same brush to mix (1) part Cotton Ball with (1) part Black Tie. Use the mix with a #6 flat brush to paint all the metal fencing and over the wooden boards over the windows. Rinse brush.
- Use a #6 flat brush and Orange Sherbet to paint the cut edge of the pumpkin and the front door. Use the same brush and Chick to paint the insides of all windows and the front door. Rinse brush. Use the 3/4" flat brush and Black Tie to paint the outer pumpkin. Rinse brush.
- Use the #1 round brush and Eggplant to outline the entire house and add to the shutters and roof lines. Rinse brush.
- Flip the pumpkin over and use the 3/4" flat brush and Paprika to paint the perimeter. Rinse brush.
- Use a #1 round brush and Chick to paint more random stars inside to match the canvas. Rinse brush. Let dry completely.
- Once everything is completely dry, use a hot glue gun and glue sticks to adhere the half pumpkin to the canvas. Let dry; add some tea lights.