Decorate for Spring with a wreath featuring greenery and a colorful painted canvas.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #12 flat brush
- #1 liner brush
- ribbon to match
- #1 round brush
- floral wire
- 5" x 7" canvas
- square wreath frame
- moss roll
- scrapbook paper pad
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a #12 flat brush to mix (3) parts Titanium White with (1) part Cobalt Teal Hue. Use the mix to paint the border of the canvas. Rinse brush.
- Use scissors to cut scrapbook paper to fit the canvas. Dampen the paper and decoupage it on using Americana Gloss Decou-Page. Smooth out the paper with a brush and add more Decou-Page on top. Rinse brush. Let dry completely.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the pattern onto the canvas.
- Use a #1 round brush to mix (4) parts Titanium White with (1) part Quinacridone Magenta. Use the mix to fill two flowers of choice. Add (2) more parts Quinacridone Magenta to the mix. Fill in two more flowers with the new mix. Rinse brush. Mix (2) parts Titanium White with a very small amount of Vermilion and a very small amount of Quinacridone Magenta. Use the mix to fill in the last two flowers. Rinse brush.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Green Gold to outline the leaves. Rinse brush. Let dry.
- Use a #1 round brush and a drop of Green Gold with a small amount of water added to lightly fill in the leaves.
- Use a #1 round brush to mix (1) part Cobalt Teal Hue with (1) part Titanium White. Use the mix to paint on the word "SPRING". Rinse brush.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Gold (Metallic) to paint on the word "welcome". Rinse brush. Use the handle end of the brush dipped into Gold (Metallic) to add dots in the middle of each letter of "SPRING". Wipe off handle.
- Use a #1 round brush and Cobalt Teal Hue to paint a shadow around the word "SPRING". Rinse brush. Use a #12 flat brush with Soft-Touch Varnish to seal and maintain softness. Rinse brush.
- Double up the ribbon and attach by braiding floral wire through.
- Pull and stretch material to best camouflage. (See photo for placement.)
- Cut the ribbon to fit where you want it to hang in the wreath. Use a hot glue gun to adhere the ribbon to the canvas and tie the other end into the wire frame.