Use mixed media techniques and DecoArt Media® Fluid Acrylics to create a fun summertime project.
- transfer paper
- painter's tape
- cosmetic sponge
- ultra-fine point black marker
- scrapbook paper
- wooden letters
- paper punch
- round brush
- liner brush
- flat brushes
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- With a ruler, measure up 1" from the bottom of the canvas and draw a horizontal line. Measure up another 1/4" and draw a horizontal line parallel to the other. With a ruler, draw a vertical line every 1/2". Tape the lines with painter's tape. Mix Cobalt Teal Hue and Titanium White and use the mix to paint vertical stripes with a flat brush.
- Using the provided patterns, trace and cut out all scrapbook pieces. Cut three strips of scrapbook paper in these sizes: 1-1/4" x 10"; 3/4" x 10"; 1" x 10". (These strips are long enough to wrap around the edges of the canvas.)
- With a cosmetic sponge and Carbon Black, carefully create a rim around each cut-out piece. Use a ruler and the ultra-thin marker to make crosshatch lines on the ice cream cone.
- Adhere the strips of scrapbook paper to the canvas with Matte Decou-Page. Adhere the ice cream cone, then the vanilla ice cream, then the pink ice cream, and then the cherry with the Decou-Page.
- Cut out the Scrabble letters (or letters of choice) and edge with the cosmetic sponge and Carbon Black. Adhere the letters with Decou-Page. Paint a stem on the cherry with a liner brush and Carbon Black. Coat the entire canvas with Decou-Page; let dry. Spray with Matte Spray Finish.
- Mix Cobalt Teal Hue and Titanium White; paint the entire canvas with the mix and a flat brush. With a 1/2" foam pouncer, pounce dots with Cobalt Teal Hue, spacing about 1" apart.
- Trace and cut out the sun, grass, and bike basket with the pattern and scrapbook papers. Edge the pieces in Carbon Black with a cosmetic sponge. With an ultra-thin black marker, draw the woven basket lines.
- With Decou-Page, glue down the sun and grass. Transfer the bicycle onto the canvas. Glue down the basket into place. Mix Titanium White and Pyrrole Red and use the mix to paint the bike frame with a small brush. Paint the tires, bike seat, and handle bars in Titanium White. Paint the spokes, gears, and steering bars in Shimmering Silver.
- With the liner brush and Carbon Black, carefully outline the bike and paint in the woven lines on the basket.
- Cut out the Scrabble letters. Use flower and leaf punches to punch 14 pink flowers and five green leaves. Edge the flowers, leaves, and letters with Carbon Black and a cosmetic sponge. Mix Primary Yellow and Titanium White; use the mix to add a dot to the centers of the flowers.
- Glue the letters and flowers in place with Decou-Page. Coat the canvas in Decou-Page; let dry. Spray the canvas with Matte Spray Finish.
Ice Cream Pattern
Letter Tiles Image