Create a piece of art for your cookie container gifts using Americana Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- transfer paper
- #3 round brush
- 1" flat brush
- #2 round brush
- #1 liner brush
- 1/4" angle brush
- bottle or round container
- watercolor paper
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Transfer provided template to a piece of watercolor paper that has been cut to the size of the container.
- Water down a small amount of Cocoa Bean. Using a #2 and #3 round brush, paint in the bear, rabbit, and deer body. Water down the mixture some more, and paint the rest of the deer face. Mix Cocoa Bean with a small amount of Black Tie and add details to the bear's face. Mix together a small amount of Red Barn with Cocoa Bean and paint the fox.
- Using a liner brush, paint the facial details of the deer, fox, and rabbit in Black Tie. Paint the deer's nose and necklace in Red Barn. Using a #2 round brush, begin filling in the outside edge of the circle in Black Tie. Between the woodland animals, paint in Soft Jade and blend in some Black Tie.
- Mix Cactus with a small amount of Yellow Gold and fill in the foliage above the circle using a #2 round brush. Referencing the photo below, paint the background elements in Yellow Gold, Cactus, and Red Barn.
- Water down Cocoa Bean. With a 1/4" flat brush, paint in the tree with the owl and the stomach and face of the owl. While the paint is still wet, add some Cocoa Bean to the shadowed areas for depth. Fill in the hole behind the owl in Black Tie. Using a liner brush, paint in the details of the owl in Black Tie.
- Begin painting in the background with Barn Red with water added. Water down some Yellow Gold and Black Tie. Paint in background as shown in image. Once dried, use the end of the brush to add dots of Cactus and Red Barn throughout.
- Once dried, adhere painting onto can using Americana Matte Decou-Page. Smooth any wrinkles or bubbles with your finger. Apply another layer of Decou-Page onto surface.
- See photo below as a reference for details on front of can.
- See photo below as reference for details on the back of the can.