This crow centerpiece, made with Americana® Enchanted™, will add the Halloween spirit to any centerpiece.
- craft glue
- small round brush
- fan brush
- small flat brush
- medium flat brush
- foam pumpkins
- Collect various sizes of foam pumpkins.
- Use medium flat brush to paint a couple of the pumpkins in Lamp Black. (Save three of the small pumpkins for STEP SEVEN.) Use a small flat brush to paint the stems of the remaining pumpkins in Antique Gold. Let dry. Use a small flat brush to apply Magic Gold to the stems.
- Use a medium flat brush to apply Enchanted Magenta randomly throughout the pumpkin. Save the brush for STEP FOUR.
- Using the same brush from STEP THREE, apply Enchanted Blue randomly throughout the pumpkin. (It's ok if the colors overlap a bit.) Let dry and add a second coat by repeating the same process. Let dry.
- Use a small flat brush to paint tiny stars in Magic Gold randomly throughout the pumpkins.
- Use a medium flat brush to paint a couple of the other pumpkins in Antique Gold. Let dry. Use a medium fan brush to apply Magic Gold. Let dry and apply another coat of Magic Gold.
- Remove the stems from two of the small pumpkins which have already been painted Lamp Black in STEP TWO. (Reserve one stem and keep one painted pumpkin on hand.) Adhere the stemless pumpkins together with craft glue. (See photo.) Let dry.
- Use craft glue to adhere black feathers to the top part of the bottom pumpkin.
- Adhere the stem (previously removed in STEP SEVEN) to the top pumpkin. (This will be the beak.) Use a small round brush to paint the eyes in Antique Gold. (See photo.) Let dry.
- Use a medium flat brush to apply Enchanted Blue to the crow. Let dry and apply a second coat. Let dry.
- Roll up cardstock into a cone shape. Use scissors to cut the bottom, making it even.
- Use a medium flat brush to paint the cone in Lamp Black. Let dry. Apply a second coat. Let dry. Use a small round brush to add random brush-strokes to the bottom portion of the cone in 24K Gold. Let dry.
- Use craft glue to adhere the cone (wizard hat) to the top of the crow. Let dry. Use a small flat brush to apply one coat of Magic Gold. Let dry and then arrange the pieces in a way that will work for the mantle or center of your table.