From rolled-up washcloths in the bathroom, to forks and spoons in the kitchen, this basket can handle them with heart.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #1 liner brush
- fabric scraps
- black permanent pen
- 3/4" soft mop brush
- flat brushes
- metal basket
- Basecoat the basket inside and out with Primer & Sealer. Let dry.
- Base the entire basket with Camel. Dry well.
- Shade all edges on all sides of the basket with a side-load of Dark Chocolate. While still wet, use the mop brush to soften. Let dry completely.
- Transfer the pattern to the basket.
- The heart is based with Antique Rose. (Give it two coats.) Shade the pointy part of the heart with a large, wide brush and Deep Burgundy. Soften it with the mop brush while still damp.
- Highlight the round parts of heart with Bright Salmon.
- The line-work is a 1:1 mix of Bright Salmon and Warm White.
- The vine and leaves are done with Desert Cactus. Use a liner brush for the vine and a small flat brush for the leaves.
- Shade the leaves and vines with Plantation Pine.
- Highlight the leaves with a 1:1 mix of Desert Cactus and Warm White.
- The background dots are thin Antique Rose, dotted in with the handle end of the brush. Let dry completely.
- The fine line-work is done with the permanent black pen. Use double wiggly lines to outline the heart and for the letters. Let dry completely.
- Spray with Matte Spray Finish to set the pen-work. Let dry.
- Varnish with several coats of Soft-Touch Varnish.
- Wrap the basket handle with a fabric scrap of your choice and tie it into a knot or bow.