Celebrate the 4th in style with this patriotic drink tin using DecoArt Multi-Surface paint!
- 1" painter's tape
- 1" stencil brush
- Large Oval Metal Party Tub
- From the bottom of the tin, measure up 6" with your ruler. Mark this point all the way around the tin.
- Apply painters tape to the line created. Press firmly all the way around to make sure the paint doesn't bleed.
- Mark off the vertical stripes with painters tape by finding the center of the front and back of the tin. Put a vertical strip of paint on either side of the center point, making sure the two pieces of tape are connected.
- Measure two inches over in both directions. from the edge of the center strip and apply two more vertical rows of tape.
- Repeat the last step one more time on each side. There should be five lines of tape.
- Use the copper paint to fill in the sections without tape. Apply a second coat if necessary. Remove the tape once final coat is applied.
- Apply another strip of paint horizontally, a half inch from the top of the tin. Apply the tape line all the way around.
- Use sapphire to paint below the tape line, ending the paint at the top of the vertical copper lines.
- Add a red overlay to the copper stripes by mixing barn red with copper and lightly applying it over the copper.
- Use the American Tribute stencil to paint stars over each vertical stripe. Other accents can be applied, using the stencil and white wash paint. Allow the paint to dry and then fill with ice and your favorite beverages.