Make this box to store Halloween paraphernalia or send a Halloween gag gift.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #2 round brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- #1 liner brush
- 1/4" pouncer
- wooden box with hinged lid
Let dry completely between painting steps.
(Optional) Remove hardware from box with a screwdriver before beginning. Set aside.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to basecoat the entire box with Buttermilk. Rinse brush.
- Use a pencil and tracing and transfer papers to transfer the top of box pattern and the spider web pattern for the front side.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the swirl side pattern.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the diamond side pattern.
- Use a 1/4" pouncer and Oyster Beige to add polka dots to the lid. Wash pouncer. Using a #2 round brush, mix Oyster Beige with a small amount of water to paint to shade the spider web side of the box.
- Use the same brush and Oyster Beige to shade the diamond side.
- Use the #2 round brush and Oyster Beige to shade the swirl side. Rinse brush.
- Using a #2 round brush, mix Lamp Black with a small amount of water to outline all sides and fill in the tree and words. Rinse brush.
- Use a #2 round brush and Black Ice to fill in the words on the top of the box.
- Use a #2 round brush to mix (1) part Oyster Beige with a very small amount of Lamp Black. Use the mix to loosely fill in every other diamond. Rinse brush. Let dry completely. Use the same brush and Ice Crystal to paint over the filled-in diamond shapes. Rinse brush. Use the handle end of the brush dipped in Black Ice to dot between the diamond shapes. Wipe off the handle.
- Use a #2 round brush and Black Ice to outline the spider web.
- Use a #2 round brush and Crystal to paint the swirls. Rinse brush.
- Replace the hardware on the box, if removed before painting.
DOWNLOADSTop Of Box Pattern
Diamond Background Pattern
Spider Web Pattern
Swirl Background Pattern