Transform birdhouses into colorful fairy homes with outdoor paints and embellishments.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- wax paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- landscaping or riverbed stones with flat surface on one side
- small wooden birdhouse
- decorative moss
- embellishments of choice
- floral wire
- E6000 Glue
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Lightly sand any rough edges of the birdhouses. Wipe off any dust with a paper towel.
- Birdhouse #1: Use 3/4 flat brush to paint the base of the birdhouse Sprout Green, roof Pumpkin and sides and Desert Turquoise.
- Birdhouse #2: Use same brush to paint the base Sprout Green, Raspberry Red and Desert Turquoise for the roof and Buttercup for the sides.
- Use 1/4" flat brush to paint accent colors on the window sills and under the eaves of each roof, different from the colors already painted onto each birdhouse. For example, Deep Buttercup to the window sill and roof edges around the round home.
- Water down Rich Espresso on a plastic plate. Brush this onto a small section of each birdhouse, then immediately wipe off with paper towel. Repeat for all sections of the home except the bases.
- Using Grey Skies and Desert Turquoise, paint the rocks a solid color.
- Brush the watered down Rich Espresso onto rock and wipe off immediately to distress.
- Make lace curtains for each fairy home. Cut two small strips of lace, fold one end over, then thread a small strip of green wire in and out of the folds. Bend the edges of the wire into a decorative loop. Attach to each home using E6000 according to package instructions.
- Attach embellishments to each home, such as door, plants, and fences using E6000.
- Attach decorative moss around base and doors of homes and rocks. Attach tiny flowers in the moss with E6000.
- Set up the fairy garden scene and wait for the fairies to move in!