Look who's coming to tea: a pair of colorful rabbits via MagiKote Surface Coating and Americana Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1/2" flat brush
- #8 round brush
- #1 liner brush
- clay tool or similar
- #6 shader brush
- knife or Styrofoam cutting tool
- two 4" and two 2" Styrofoam balls
- 1/2" thick Styrofoam sheet
- white glue
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Teacup: Cut 4" ball of Styrofoam in half, just slightly above midway. (Save top piece to use later for teapot base.) Gently sand flat spot for teacup to sit evenly. Cut handle from 1/2" sheet of Styrofoam. (See photo.) Sand smooth, and attach to side of teacup.
- Cut 2" ball of Styrofoam in half and sand smooth. Attach to center of teacup as shown. Cut ears from Styrofoam sheet, sand carefully, and attach to head, as well as to side of teacup for stability. Cut paws, as shown, and attach in same manner in front of bunny's face.
- Using carving tools, press down area between bunny and teacup, creating lip for cup.
- Sand everything down smooth and cover with two or three coats of MagiKote, letting dry and sanding between coats.
- Using #paint cup Buttermilk. Handle and squares around top of cup are painted Foliage Green then dotted with Snow White using handle end of brush. Paint Snow White vertical stripes around lip. For flowers on face of teacup, use handle end of brush dipped in Poodleskirt Pink. (See photo.)
- Paint entire bunny Snow White with 1/2 " brush, including paws. Eyes are done using #8 round paintbrush dipped in Baby Blue, with smaller dot of Espresso on top, followed by smaller dot of Snow White. Other features are done using Espresso and Poodleskirt Pink. Dry-brush Espresso around edge of teacup lip.
- Teapot Cut 4" ball of Styrofoam about 3/4 of way up, saving top piece for lid. Gently sand flat spot for teapot to sit evenly. Cut handle, same as used in teacup. (See photo.) Sand smooth and attach to side of teapot. Cut out spout from Styrofoam sheet as photo shows. Sand smooth and attach carefully.
- Using piece cut off from top of 4" ball, add half-moon piece of foam on top. (This is lid to teapot.) Set aside.
- Take Styrofoam piece saved from top of teacup, sand flat spot, and attach to bottom of teapot. (See photo.)
- Make bunny following same directions as above, and attach likewise.
- Attach lid to backside of bunny's head, as shown in photo.
- Follow same instructions as #4 through 6 under Teacup. Paint top of lid Foliage Green and bottom, Espresso.