Inch your way to a colorful patio accent with this whimsical trio of wooden planters.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- liner brush
- #10 flat brush
- #8 round brush
- square wooden pots
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a #10 flat brush to paint three bands all the way around the pots from top to bottom starting with Sky Blue; a 1:1 mix of Cotton Ball and Sky Blue; and ending with Cotton Ball. (The width of each band should be approximately 1/4 of the pot.)
- Use a #10 flat brush to paint the last bottom band with a 1:1 mix of Cotton Ball and Apple Green.
- Using a #10 flat brush, paint the rims of the pots in Orange Sherbet. Use the same brush to paint the inside Sky Blue.
- Use a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers to transfer the caterpillar pattern. (See photo for placement.) Use a #8 round brush to basecoat the caterpillar in Orange Sherbet. Use a #8 round brush to paint the shadows in Pumpkin Patch. Mix Cotton Ball and Orange Sherbet 2:1 and use the mix to paint the accents on the body. Use a liner brush to paint the eyes, mouth, antenna, and legs in Coffee Bean.
- Use a liner brush to add accent dots to the body in Coffee Bean and accent dots to the rim and caterpillar's eyes in Cotton Ball.