Give an old flea market find some love by transforming it into something new using Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™.
- water container
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- 2" flat brush
- staple gun
- old headboard
- quilt batting
- 1" foam brush
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- palette knife
- drill and small drill bit
- Remove the fabric panels from the bed's headboard by unscrewing them. Remove the fabric.
- Wipe all the dust off the bed. Fill in any unwanted design elements with Black Modeling Paste and let it dry. (Be sure that it is smooth.)
- Paint the headboard and footboard with Carbon. Let the first application dry and then paint a second application.
- Tape around the end posts and center of the pieces. Paint with Everlasting.
- Cut a 2" hexagon from the fabric to use as a template. Trace the hexagon onto the ball posts in pencil to create a soccer ball. Fill in the design with Carbon.
- Brush Soft-Touch Varnish over the painted surfaces and let it dry.
- Use the soccer hexagon template to cut the black fabric: Cut the fabric on a Silhouette machine, or print and trace the pattern onto the fabric with white transfer paper. Arrange the design as desired on the white fabric. Use Matte Decou-Page to adhere the black fabric to the white fabric. Seal it with another application of Decou-Page.
- Cover the wooden panel with batting and place the decoupaged fabric over it. Use a staple gun to attach the fabric to the panel, then screw the panel back onto the bed.