Use decorative painting techniques using Americana Decor Chalky Finishes for an updated cabinet.
- transfer paper
- flat brush
- small mixing bowls
- round brush
- liner brush
- flat brushes
Test a spot on the back of the piece to see if a Stain Blocker is needed. If so, apply according to label instructions.
- First, grab a large container with a lid. Poor the entire jar of Lace into the container. Then, pour about 1/4 of the Vintage paint into the container (or about 8 tablespoons). Mix together thoroughly. Paint your surface in the mixture, applying one to two coats for complete coverage.
- Transfer the design, or freehand your own design, onto the front of the surface. If you have a back piece, transfer the design onto it as well.
- Mix together Preservation and Lace to create a medium blue. Paint the front of the flower in mixture; while the paint is still wet, mix a small amount of Lace into the center of the flower for dimension. Paint the center of the flower, the linework on the flower, and stems in Preservation. Using a small flat brush, use a small zig zag motion to create each leave on the stems below the flower in Enchanted.
- Paint the buds in the medium blue mixture. Mix in Lace at the center of the buds for dimension. Paint the daisies in Serene. Use a liner brush to paint the stripes in each petal in Preservation. Paint the leaves in Enchanted.
- Mix together Enchanted and Lace to create a slightly lighter color. Fill in large leaves with this color. Use a liner brush and Enchanted to make lines on leaves, as shown. Repeat same steps for buds as in previous step with Preservation.
- Optionally, repeat same process for the daisies as in Step Four. Repeat same process for leaves as in Step Three on the back piece.