Classic Nutcracker Soldiers in Metallic
Posted by DecoArt on Dec 22nd 2020
March into this holiday season with classic nutcrackers in shimmery metallic using Americana Decor® Matte Metallics™.
- water container
- paper towels
- measuring tape
- Cricut Explore Electronic Cutting Machine
- carbon tracing paper
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- fur trim
- spot brush
- self adhesive embellishments
- white adhesive vinyl sheet
- light blue adhesive vinyl sheet
- unfinished wooden nutcrackers
- black adhesive vinyl sheet
- E6000 Fray Lock
No primer or sealer is needed with Matte Metallics. Apply two coats of paint. Dry completely between each coat.
- Wipe off the unfinished wooden nutcracker with a damp towel. Let dry completely before beginning to paint.
- Shake the jar of paint well. Select the best sized brush for the area you are painting. Load the brush with paint and wipe off the excess. Paint strokes in the same direction when possible and smooth out drips. Begin by painting the uniform of the nutcracker with Sapphire Blue. (Refer to photo for color placement.)
- When painting the head and hands, use Natural Buff first. Let dry completely. Paint over the Natural Buff with Ivory Pearl. (This will help to give an overall metallic look to the finished piece.) Complete painting the rest of the nutcracker. (Refer to photo for color placement.)
- Pencil in the upper lip area. Using a small flat brush, paint the top and bottom lip area with Berry Red.
- Cut a piece of fur trim 3/4"wide and 2" long for the beard. (You can cut a shorter length if you want a shorter beard.) Glue the fur onto the wooden piece under the bottom lip. Cut a piece of fur 3/4" wide and 3 1/2" long for the hair. With your fingers, brush the nap of the fur downward.
- Starting on one side of the head and lining up with the the shoulder, glue the fur down. Continue gluing the fur around the head to the other side.
- Pencil in thin oval shapes for the teeth over the Berry Red. With a small brush, paint the teeth with Cool White. Cut out the facial features using the Cricut pattern supplied. Apply to the face. Embellish as needed. (See photo for details.)
DOWNLOADSFacial Features Link
Facial Features Print File