Create your own color wheel for your creative space with Americana Acrylics!
- palette or plastic plate
- medium flat brush
- print out
- carbon paper or transfer paper
- square canvas
For best results be sure to thoroughly rinse your paint brush between colors.
- Gather your supplies.
- Print out the color wheel pattern and use carbon paper or transfer paper and trace with a pen/pencil onto your canvas.
- Start the color wheel with the three primary colors beginning with True Red. Use a flat brush to paint the top section. Create the next tint by adding a touch of white and paint the next section. Continue adding white to make lighter tints until you've reached the center circle of the color wheel.
- Continue the same process with the next two primary colors, Bright Yellow and True Blue.
- Continue the same process with the three secondary colors, Bright Orange, Festive Green, and Dioxazine Purple.
- Mix these colors at a 1: to 1: ratio to create the tertiary colors. RED-ORANGE (True Red and Bright Orange) YELLOW-ORANGE (Bright Yellow and Bright Orange) YELLOW-GREEN (Bright Yellow and Festive Green) BLUE-GREEN (True Blue and Festive Green) BLUE-VIOLET (True Blue and Dioxazine Purple) RED VIOLET (True Red and Dioxazine Purple). Continue the same process from previous steps with these mixes to complete the color wheel.
- Complete the color wheel by adding the color names with a black permanent marker.