Let 'em know what's cooking with a cabinet door turned into a colorful kitchen chalkboard.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 2" flat brush
- 3/4" flat brush
- #10 flat brush
- Contac® paper
- Sharpie® marker
- 1" painter's tape
- #1 liner brush
- cosmetic sponges
- pen or pencil
- wooden cabinet door
- circle template
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Make sure the cabinet door is clean and dust free.
- Using a 2" flat brush and Relic, paint the outside border of the door.
- Using a #10 flat brush, paint the inner border of the cabinet door with Everlasting.
- Using a ruler and pencil, measure off the middle of the cabinet into seven different sections, leaving a smaller eighth section at the bottom.
- Using painter's tape, tape off the borders and lines that were previously drawn on.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and paint in each of the sections with different colors: Remembrance, Treasure, Smitten, Delicate, Escape, Refreshing, and Innocence. (See photo for placement.) Fill in small section at the bottom with Relic. Rinse brush in between coats and at the end.
- Using a round object, trace a circle with a marker onto Contac paper and cut out with scissors. Use Contac paper circle as a pattern to fill in matching colors of adjoining stripe. Use a new cosmetic sponge for each color.
- Center and place the "Menu" pattern on the top of the door. Trace and transfer the pattern using a pen or pencil and the tracing and transfer papers.
- Place the decorative swirl pattern on the bottom of the cabinet door; trace and transfer with a pencil or pen and the tracing and transfer papers.
- Place the letter pattern for the days of the week pattern on each of the circles and trace and transfer with a pencil or pen and the tracing and transfer papers.
- Using a #1 liner brush, begin filling in the stenciled-on letters and design with Everlasting.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Everlasting to paint each day of the week initial.
- Dab the handle end of a paintbrush into Everlasting and begin dotting the circumference of the circle. To get the same size dot every time, repeat this step between every dot made.
- Use a #1 liner brush and Everlasting to paint the decorative swirl. Rinse brush.
- Add a coat of Clear Chalkboard Coating vertically on the middle part of the cabinet door only. Let dry one hour.
- Once dry, add another layer of Clear Chalkboard Coating going horizontally across the middle of the cabinet door.
- Follow label instructions for drying time and then, using the side of a piece of chalk, condition the chalkboard surface by rubbing over the entire chalkboard area. Erase.
Decorative Swirl Pattern