Cottagecore Mushrooms Painted Jeans
Posted by DecoArt on Nov 16th 2021
Paint your own Cottagecore faux embroidered mushroom and floral design peeking out of a jean pocket.
- masking tape
- wooden skewer
- fabric painting form
For optimal Multi-Surface Acrylics Paint performance, wash wearable fabrics without fabric softener and dry before painting.
- Decide which pocket will be embellished. You will use stiff the following colors from the Cottagecore Acrylic Paint Set: Rosebud, White Birch, Dark Scarlet, Woodland Green, Canary, Paprika and Raspberry.
- Place a t-shirt form or a stiff piece of cardboard inside the jeans.
- Secure with masking tape so the fabric doesn't move around while you are painting.
- Using a liner brush, and Paprika Multi-Surface Satin, paint mushroom cap shapes above the pocket top.
- Paint the mushroom stems with White Birch using a liner brush.
- Fold the pocket slightly down and bring the stems to just below the pocket line.
- Using masking tape, mask off the pocket top to protect from unwanted paint. Paint small flower shapes with Canary, using a liner brush.
- Using a liner brush and Woodland Green, add grass blades between the flowers and mushrooms.
- Mix a touch of white and yellow with the green to create a lighter green. This will be the highlight color.
- To make the grass blades pop, paint strokes of the green highlight color on top of the blades.
- Add a coat of Dark Scarlet to the mushroom caps using the liner brush.
- Mix a touch of white to some yellow to create a highlight mixture to add to the flower shapes.
- Using the opposite end of the paintbrush, dot an orange center onto the flowers.
- Paint a small amount of orange onto the flower petals to add some depth.
- Using a wooden skewer or toothpick, dip the end into white and add tiny dots to the mushroom caps.
- Add more flower shapes by dotting on Rosebud in a quad pattern throughout the design.
- Dot a Raspberry center onto the pink flower shapes.
- This is a fun and quick way to add a faux embroidery look to any pair of old jeans or anything with a pocket!
- Use this technique to liven up a thrifted find or to add some charm to your favorite piece. This is also a great idea for a DIY personalized gift.
- Try the Cottagecore Arcylic Paint Set to create more unique country side color palettes. Let your creativity flow with these charming paints!