Give a sophisticated beach look to indoor or outdoor living spaces with wooden pots embellished with Texture Crackle™.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- 3/4" flat brush
- #10 flat brush
- fine-grit sandpaper
- palette knife
- craft knife
- tracing & transfer paper
- square wooden pots
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Light Buttermilk to paint the outside pot rim and inside the pot.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush and Texture Primer/Sealer to prime the remainder of the pot.
- Use a palette knife to apply Texture Crackle on each pot.
- When Texture Crackle is dry, position the cardstock stencil on the pot. Use the palette knife to spread the same color of Texture Crackle over the open areas. Immediately lift the stencil and allow the shape to dry. Repeat for each pot.
- Mix Oyster Beige with a little water to make a wash. Use 3/4" flat brush to brush Texture Crackle over one pot. Mix water with Irish Moss for second pot and then water with Pebble for the third pot.
- Mix Honey Brown and Staining/Antiquing Medium 1:1 on the palette. Use a #10 flat brush to apply mix around the dimensional shape. Blend paint out toward the edges with a brush or rub gently with a small piece of cloth to soften.
- Optional: Seal the pots inside and out with Texture Primer/Sealer.