Craft Supplies & Jar Crate Organizer
Posted by DecoArt on Jan 4th 2016
Organize a craft room with this wall crate, Mason jars, and Americana® Multi-Surface Acrylics.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- stylus or pencil
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- painter's tape
- Mason jars
- 3/4" flat brush
- #8 flat brush
- #1 liner brush
- cosmetic sponge
- tall wall crate
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Use the 3/4" flat brush and load separately with Waterfront, Deep Turquoise, Peach Silk, and Shrimp to paint the crate slats. Rinse the brush before switching colors and at the end. Let dry completely.
- Use a pencil or stylus and the tracing and transfer papers to trace and transfer the word pattern for "Craft Supplies" to the top slat.
- Use one of the sections of the Americana Reusable Stick-On Broken Arrow Stencil on the second slat. (I used the middle medium section.) Load a cosmetic sponge with Waterfront to stencil on the broken arrow across the entire slat. Wash stencil.
- Around the words "Craft Supplies", use the large astroid from Americana Reusable Stick-On Astroid Stencil and a new cosmetic sponge with Deep Turquoise to pounce on four circles. Wash stencil. On the third slat, apply the Americana Reusable Stick-On Quartefoil Stencil using a new cosmetic sponge with Shrimp. Wash stencil. On the bottom slat, use the small asteroid stencil from the Astroid Stencil, a new cosmetic sponge, and Peach Silk. Wash stencil.
- Use the #1 round brush and Dolphin to fill in the words "Craft Supplies". Use the #1 liner brush to mix (1) part Cotton Ball with (1) part Dolphin. Use the mix to highlight the letters. Rinse brush. Use the same brush and Deep Turquoise to shade behind the letters. Rinse brush.
- Place the Americana Reusable Stick-On Lotsa Labels Stencils on the second and third slats. (I picked one label and repeated.) Load a clean cosmetic sponge with Dolphin to pounce on the four labels, bouncing back and forth from the second to the third slat. (It is optional to help hold the stencil in place with painter's tape.)
- Use the #1 liner brush to mix (1) part Cotton Ball with (1) part Dolphin. Use the mix to outline the labeled sections.
- Use the #8 flat brush to apply Americana Clear Chalkboard Coating going horizontally. Rinse brush. Following label instructions for drying times in between coats, apply the second coat vertically. Also follow conditioning instructions before writing on the chalkboard with chalk.
- Once fully cured, you can add four Mason jars and fill with your fav craft supplies like scissors, markers, colored pencils, pens, and pencils.