This rabbit accent will add a rustic country vibe to a kitchen, den, living room, or even an outdoor space.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- transfer paper
- #2 liner brush
- 3/4" wash brush
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- wood glue
- 3/8" angular shader
- masking tape
- medium-sized terra cotta pot
- assorted drill bits
- #1 script liner brush
- small stencil brush
- wooden dowel rod
- E6000 Glue
- paper doily
- pine board
- large stencil brush
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Cut the bunny body and feet from the 3/4" pine board; the arms and cheeks from the 1/4" pine; and the heart from the 1/2" pine.
- Drill holes where indicated. Sand all then pieces and wipe clean.
- Basecoat the bunny's face, hands, and feet, Toffee; shade with Sable Brown. Basecoat the nose, French Mauve; shade with Rookwood Red. Shade the insides of the ears with French Mauve, then deepen with Rookwood Red. Blush the cheeks with french Mauve, using a small stencil brush. Dot with Buttermilk. Basecoat the eyes and outline the eyelashes with Lamp Black, using a detail brush and dot the eyes with Buttermilk.
- Basecoat the dress Williamsburg Blue; line with Toffee; and shade with Lamp Black. Basecoat the apron with Camel and dry-brush with Buttermilk, allowing brush-strokes to show. Shade the apron with Sable Brown. Paint the loops along the bottom and top of the apron with Camel, using a detail brush.
- Basecoat the heart with Rookwood Red. Line with Camel. Dot the lines where they intersect with Boysenberry Pink. Shade with Lamp Black.
- Basecoat the flower pot Rookwood Red and dry-brush with Boysenberry Pink. Shade the bottom and top edges with Lamp Black.
- Basecoat the dowel with Rookwood Red.
- Using E6000, glue a doily around bunny's neck and glue a button onto doily. Use wood glue to attach the cheeks to the face, and the arms to the body. (You may need to clamp the arms because of the doily being underneath. Make sure to leave room for the heart when gluing on the arms. Nail a brass brad into the heart just under the hole and then glue the heart onto the bunny.)
- Wire the legs onto the body and place wire from the bunny's hands to the heart from back to front, curling the wire in front.
- Seal the pieces with Americana Matte Spray Finish.
- Glue the dowel into the bunny and the flower pot using wood glue.
- Using a hot glue gun, glue raffia or excelsior to the top of the pot and then glue a bow to the front of the flower pot.