This cookie container goes multi-media with decoupaged images and lettering.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #2 round brush
- 1/2" flat brush
- craft glue
- assorted scrapbook paper
- Silhouette electronic cutting machine
- palette knife
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Download the Silhouette files of choice. We used the [[thin snowflake|https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/5010]], [[chunky snowflake|https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/69812]], [[trees with deer|https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/70878]], and [[believe|https://www.silhouettedesignstore.com/view-shape/71511]] from the Silhouette Design Store.
- Use a ruler to measure the height of the container. Scale the image downloads so they are not taller than the container. For the top row, line up the deer and trees image with two sections of the "believe" birch trees. (This will be cut from one color of scrapbook paper.) Use scissors to cut the deer from the trees.
- Cut just the birch trees with the deer image from a slightly darker color of scrapbook paper. Use scissors to cut the deer away from the trees. (You will only be using the deer.)
- Scale the snowflake down to fit the lid of the container. Cut the larger snowflake from the same scrapbook paper as the second deer. Cut the smaller snowflake and the word "believe" from gold glitter paper.
- Thoroughly clean the container with a damp paper towel. Use 1/2" flat brush to paint two coats of Cocoa Bean onto the container to cover the original painted design.
- Use same brush to paint the container with one layer of Soft Jade. Let dry. Once dry, paint the container with one layer of Cotton Ball, allowing some of the Cocoa Bean to show through.
- Use 1/2" flat brush to apply a generous layer of Americana Matte Decou-Page onto the container. Position and press the birch trees onto the wet surface. Coat with another layer of Decou-Page. Add the deer and the word "believe" onto the container with more Decou-Page then seal with another layer of Decou-Page.
- Dip the handle end of a brush into Cotton Ball. Tap the end of the brush onto the container to add snowflakes falling from the top of the container toward the bottom. Using a #2 round brush, paint Gold (Metallic) to the rim of the can. Rinse brush. Use the same brush to paint shapes that resemble birds into some of the trees in Red Barn.
- Use a palette knife to apply White Modeling Paste onto the bottom of the container to resemble snow. While the paste is still wet, sprinkle on Crystal Glamour Dust Sprinkle-On Glitter. Allow the White Modeling Paste to dry completely. Coat the Glamour Dust glitter with Decou-Page to help the glitter to adhere.
- Using craft glue, adhere the two snowflakes onto the top of the container. Glue a rhinestone into the center of the snowflake.