This tray, easy to create with Americana Decor® Chalky Finish™, has the perfect bed and breakfast feel.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1" painter's tape
- cosmetic sponge
- large wooden plaque
- E6000 Glue
- decorative handles
- wooden finials
- Sand the entire surface of the plaque.
- Using E6000 Glue, attach the four finials to the bottom of the plaque.
- Paint the entire tray in Primitive.
- Mark off a striped pattern with painter's tape.
- Mix New Life with Primitive to make a pale green color. (Make this only one shade up from the Primitive color, so as to make low contrasting shadow stripes.) Paint the top of the tray in this mix, then remove the painter's tape.
- Secure The French Inn stencil with painter's tape and apply thin layers of Black Plum with a cosmetic sponge.
- Remove the stencil and sand the surface of the tray to distress.
- Paint the finials and the decorative handles in New Life.
- Seal the entire tray with DuraClear Gloss Varnish to protect the surface.
- Glue the decorative handles to the tray.