Learn how to make a classic marble look with Patent Leather, which never goes outs of style.
- flat brush
- sea sponge
- Silver Creek Leather Co. Leather Coasters
- Gather your supplies, such as leather (these are pre-cut circles), scissors, a sea sponge, and Patent Leather paints.
- Print and cut the provided hexagon pattern to the size you would like your coasters to be. Trace the hexagon onto the leather. Cut using sharp scissors.
- Using a flat brush, paint the coasters in White.
- Mix together White with a very small amount of Black. Wet your sea sponge and squeeze out all of the excess moisture. Lighten pounce the sea sponge with a little paint randomly on the coaster. Pounce in the same general direction for a streaky look.
- Mix a little bit more black into the previous mix with a little bit of water, make this mix just slightly too dark. Using a round brush, lightly make random streaks of mix over sponged areas. Once it has dried, brush a thin coat of White over the surface.