Paint a pastel jewelry box to add the perfect pop of color to any space using DecoArt's Pastels with Pop Acrylic Paint Set.
- filbert brush
- ruler or measuring tape
- small round wooden box
Gather your supplies before making this pretty pastel jewelry box! Try using the Pastels with Pop Acrylic Paint Set to achieve the same colors pictured above.
- Find the front centerline of the round box and lightly mark this center point with your pencil. A few inches to the left of that center point, mark five, adjoining vertical stripes. Make each approximately 1/2" wide.
- Repeat this process on the other side of the box, opposite from the first group of stripes. These pencil marks will help guide you as you paint your rainbow.
- Paint the stripes using your favorite rainbow colors.
- The color order should be painted in reverse for the second group of stripes. Each section will be a mirror image of the other side.
- To connect the colors across the box lid, use a use a small flat brush to paint gently arcing lines. Repeat this process for each color of your rainbow.
- After the rainbow stripes have dried, paint the rest of the box a blue color. Allow to dry.
- To create a scalloped, cloud border, use a flat or filbert brush and Titanium White, to paint overlapping round shapes of varying sizes around the bottom edge of the box.
- Repeat this process around the bottom edge of the box.
- Finally, if you like, paint the interior of the box.
- Try the Pastels with Pop Acrylic Paint Set to create this pastel rainbow jewelry box!