DIY Plant Pots
Posted by DecoArt on Mar 25th 2021
Transform plain old flower pots into bright outdoor décor with Patio Paint Outdoor™ .
- liner brush
- masking tape
- medium flat brush
- 3/4" flat brush
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Buy some plain flower pots (terracotta or ceramic) or find some old pots to upcycle. (TIP: Choose cool, modern shaped pots to really emphasize this contemporary design.) Use the provided inspiration patterns to plan your design. The colors chosen are very bright and cheerful, perfect for a spring porch.
- Paint the entire surfaces of the pots with Cloud White.
- Use masking tape to help achieve straight lines around the pots.
- For scallop accents on some of the pots, trace the provided template onto the pot with a pencil or light colored pencil.
- Paint the scallop areas with Fuchsia. (TIP: Flat brushes are best to use when you need a crisp line of paint.) Paint the inside of the scallop pot with Lime Zest. Remove the masking tape. Add another layer of masking tape to create a line to paint in Blue Bahama. Remove the tape and allow to dry.
- Paint the bottom edge with Marigold. (I painted the feet with Citrus Green.) Using a liner brush, paint accents with Tiger Lily Orange and Cloud White. Paint the top part of pot with Cloud White.
- Cut out and trace the provided rainbow shape onto another pot for a trendy patio accent. Paint around the arc shape with Tiger Lily Orange and the interior of the pot with Blue Bahama.
- Paint the layers of the rainbow with Lime Zest, Fuchsia, and Blue Bahama. Allow to dry. Paint Cloud White accents with a liner brush.
- For another modern porch pot idea, add colorful lines of paint in a retro design pattern of stripes with limited colors. Start by drawing on a 90 degree angled pattern of lines with a pencil. Paint the top color Marigold using a flat brush.
- Paint the next stripes with Citrus Green and then Tiger Lily Orange. Allow to dry. (TIP: Add a drop of Cloud White to Citrus Green for a more opaque look for the last coat of paint.) Paint outer areas and line accents with Cloud White.
- This flower pot refresh is perfect for any spring outdoor décor. Add the pots to other DIY front porch décor to liven up your space.
Sample Scallop Pattern