Transform a teapot into a striking décor accent with DecoArt Americana Texture Sand Medium.
- palette or plastic plate
- palette knife
- medium flat brush
- Gather the supplies to upcycle a thrift store teapot; transform it from trash to treasure!
- Using a palette knife to mix Olive Green and Bahama Blue with equal parts Texture Sand Medium on opposite ends of the palette or plastic plate. Take about half of each color and mix those two together in the middle. (See photo.)
- Starting from the bottom of the teapot, use a medium flat brush to apply the Olive Green/Texture Sand mix about half way up, using horizontal strokes. Without rinsing the brush, immediately proceed to the next step while the paint is still wet.
- Load the brush with the middle mix and apply to the middle area of the teapot, overlapping the previous color. (This will give a smoother blend between the colors.) Continue this process with the Bahama Blue/Texture Sand mix on the top portion of the teapot. Rinse the brush and pat it dry. Use the same brush to paint the lid in the Bahama Blue/Texture Sand mix.
- Repeat the entire process for a more opaque and textured finish.