A farmhouse look to your patio with Americana Decor® Outdoor Living™.
- chip brush
- medium flat brush
- damp cloth
- ceramic figure
- large flat brush
Find the instructions for the coordinating vase under "related projects". For more about the dry-brushing technique, click on the link in the instructions.
- Prepare the chair by wiping off with a damp cloth to remove any residue. Let it dry before painting.
- Use a large flat brush to paint the chair in Fountain. Let dry.
- Use a chip brush to dry-brush the back and seat areas of the chair in Picket Fence using a criss-cross motion. Let dry.
- Use a chip brush to dry-brush the back and seat of the chair in a criss-cross motion, this time using Fountain. (This will give the chair a subtle distressed look, which is perfect for farmhouse. NOTE: Leave the legs solid (as is) or repeat the previous two steps. As you can see in the final photo, I decided to move forward with the chair's legs.)
- At a flea market or thrift store, ind a ceramic chicken, duck, horse, goat, or any type of farm animal. Wipe it clean.
- Use a medium flat brush to paint the chicken in Picket Fence. Let dry and apply a second coat.
- Painting in small sections at a time, use a medium flat brush to apply Wildflower to the chicken. Immediately wipe it back with a wet cloth or wet wipe allowing the color to remain in the recessed areas.