A girl and her feathered friends combine on canvas in this airy and colorful accent.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 3/4" flat brush
- #8 round brush
- #8 flat brush
- cosmetic sponge
- assorted scrapbook paper
- oil pastels
- printed images
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Tear the scrapbook paper into pieces. Using a 3/4" flat brush, adhere to the canvas with Matte Medium, brushing it on the canvas and over the top of the torn paper.
- Use a 3/4" flat brush to randomly brush on Green Gold, Cobalt Teal Hue, and Cerulean Blue. Use the cap from the paint bottle dipped in Cerulean Blue to randomly stamp throughout the canvas.
- Mix (4) parts Titanium White to (1) part Primary Magenta. With a 3/4" flat brush, loosely paint the mix around the perimeter. (Save some mix for step 6.) Use the mix and just a bit of Matte Medium to make a glaze; paint the glaze over the entire canvas.
- Place the Americana Feathered Friends Stencil on the canvas and use a cosmetic sponge to dab on Carbon Black. Use a #8 round brush and Carbon Black to extend the branch all the way across the canvas.
- Trace the girl pattern onto the canvas with a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers. Mix (4) parts Titanium White with (1) part Dioxazine Purple to paint the hair with a #8 flat brush. (Save mix for step 7.) While the paint is still wet, Immediately add highlights in Titanium White.
- Use a #8 flat brush to paint the legs Dioxazine Purple. Use a #8 flat brush to paint the face Titan Buff. Use a #8 round brush to paint the eyes in Titanium White and Cerulean Blue; use the same brush to add a middle dot in Carbon Black and highlight dots in Titanium White. Use a #8 round brush to paint the lips with the Titanium White/Primary Magenta mix from step 3.
- Use a #8 flat brush to paint dress and arms in Carbon Black. Use a #8 round brush to add stripes using the same color mix for the hair from step 5. Use a #8 round brush to add highlights in Titanium White. Cut out the hat and flower (from the printed images) and adhere to the canvas using a 3/4" flat brush and Matte Medium. Use brown and pink oil pastels to add details to girl.
- Add 20% of the Titanium White/Primary Magenta mix from step 3 to Texture Sand Paste. Use a palette knife to loosely frame the canvas with the Sand Paste mix by swiping around the perimeter.