Floral Bunny Trio Sign
Posted by DecoArt on Mar 11th 2016
A trio of bunnies highlight this Easter display using Americana Decor® Chalky Finish paints and waxes.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- soft cloth
- 2" chip brush
- stencil brush
- large wooden plaque
- wire cutters
- wooden shapes
- E6000 Glue
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Lightly sand any rough edges of the wooden plaque and wooden bunnies. Remove any dust with a damp paper towel.
- Paint the front and back of the wooden plaque with two coats of Escape using a 2" chip brush.
- Working on a section at a time, use a soft cloth to apply Clear Crème Wax to the front of the plaque. Let dry about 15-20 minutes.
- Working on a section at a time, use the Waxing & Finishing Brush to apply Deep Brown Crème Wax to the front of the plaque. Remove any excess wax with a soft cloth.
- Paint the front and back of the wooden bunnies with two coats of Refreshing using a 2" chip brush.
- Using the Americana Jacobean Floral Stencil, lightly paint the design onto the front of each bunny from the neck area to the bottom with a stencil brush or cosmetic sponge. (Try to make the placement the same on each bunny.)
- Using the Jacobean Floral Stencil, lightly paint a flower design onto the ears of each bunny. (Try to make the placement the same on each bunny.)
- Examine the stenciled area on each bunny for any gaps in the stenciled design (for example, along any edges.) If needed, very lightly paint the stencil onto those areas.
- Using a soft cloth, apply Clear Crème Wax to the front of each bunny. Let dry about 15-20 minutes.
- Using a soft cloth, apply Deep Brown Crème Wax to the front of each bunny. Let dry.
- Determine the placement of the bunnies on the plaque, and attach each bunny using E6000 Glue.
- Snip apart some of the craft paper flowers to make a simple floral garland for each bunny. Use the attached wires to weave them together, then attach just below the ears of each bunny using E6000 Glue.
- Repeat the above step, this time making a tail for each bunny. Attach the tails using E6000 Glue.