This clipboard is perfect for a display or to brighten day-to-day organizing.
- water container
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- #3 round brush
- 1" flat brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- #0 liner brush
- cosmetic sponge
- white transfer paper
- soft white eraser
- 3D flowers
- E6000 Glue
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Clean the clipboard thoroughly with a damp paper towel.
- Using Cocoa Bean and a cosmetic sponge, pounce to paint the clip. Let dry. Once dry, layer Turquoise Waters on top. Alternate layers of the two colors until you have achieved the desired rust effect.
- With a string or a cord, tie the clip to remain open so that you are able to paint underneath it. Use a 1" flat brush, paint the entire front, back, and sides of the clipboard in Carbon.
- Transfer the pattern using white transfer paper. Tape the pattern on top with painter's tape. Use a ruler and a pencil to draw the border. Carefully trace the pattern in a desired placement.
- Using Sour Apple and a #3 round brush, paint on top of the white transfer lines on the stems. Paint the leaves and flower calyxes leaving a 1/16" border of Carbon between the paint and the white marked line.
- Using the pattern as a guide, paint flowers #1, 3, and 5 inside the white transfer lines, leaving the 1/16" border, using Bubblegum Pink. Apply an additional coat, if needed. Paint flowers #2, 4, and 6 with Tangelo Orange, allowing some of the Carbon to show through. Paint the flower centers with Primary Yellow.
- Paint the Mason jar using Bahama Blue and a 1/4" flat brush. (Paint over the stems in the jar rim and around the letters. The lettering does not need to be perfect at this stage.)
- Begin painting the background with Tangerine about the horizon line, leaving 1/16" edges around the flowers in the jar.
- Paint below the horizon line in Bubblegum Pink, leaving the same border. Apply another coat of Tangerine and Bubblegum Pink, once they are dry completely. (Allow some of the Carbon to still show through.)
- Dry-brush with Primary Yellow on top of the Tangerine background. Using Bubblegum Pink, dry-brush over the Primary Yellow in small areas. Working horizontally, dry-brush Tangelo Orange over the Bubblegum Pink section below the horizon line. Add a small amount of Tangerine and then Bahama Blue to create a bit of a shadow around the flower and jar base. Let dry. Once dry, take a soft eraser to erase all white guidelines.
- Touch up the lettering and straighten any lines needed with Carbon and a liner brush. Add Carbon dots to flower centers using the handle end of the paintbrush.
- Dry-brush flowers #2, 4, and 6 with Primary Yellow on the center of the petals. Dry-brush flowers #1, 3, and 5 with Snow White in the center of the petals. Highlight the leaves and stems with Primary Yellow. Dry-brush the jar and highlight the lettering with a liner brush and Snow White.
- With a large brush, coat the front of the clipboard with Ultra-Matte Varnish. Let dry. Coat the sides and back with the varnish once the front is completely dry. Remove the cord from the clip.
- Choose and arrange fabric and felt flowers with decorative brads.
- Stack the flowers, placing the brad in the center. Adhere the flowers onto the clip using E6000 Glue according to package instructions.