There's a crystal ball in your future with DecoArt® Matte Metallics™.
- chopsticks (optional)
- fan brush
- clean cloth
- flat brush
- makeup sponge
- rubbing alcohol
- glass ball container
- Take the glass globe off its wooden stand. Use rubbing alcohol and a clean cloth to wipe down the glass ball to remove any oil or dirt. Let dry.
- Use a fan brush to paint on Solar Flare Orange on the inside of the glass globe. Let dry.
- Lightly sand the wooden base. Wipe off dust.
- Paint the stand surface with Light Buttermilk. Allow to dry.
- Paint the base with Gold Matte Metallic. Allow to dry. Add another coat, if needed, for even coverage and let dry.
- Paint Gold and White Enchanted Shimmer into spaces between the Solar Flare Orange areas on the globe.
- Brush Gold Matte Metallic onto various areas inside of the globe. Let dry.
- Using a makeup sponge, dab Moody Blue on some areas of the globe.
- Check the distribution of paints. Add more paint anywhere needed for your desired look.
- Add Canyon Orange where there is no Solar Flare Orange. (I used my finger.) Let dry.
- Pour Ivory into the glass globe. Swirl the paint around the interior to coat the entire surface. Prop the globe onto something to let excess paint drain out. (I used two chopsticks.) Allow to dry completely before placing on base.
- Place the crystal ball with other DIY projects for a magical display.
- A great mixed media project!