Fourth of July Firework Table Décor
Posted by DecoArt on Jun 21st 2015
Celebrate Independence Day with this sparkling centerpiece alight in red, white, and blue.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- 1/2" flat brush
- craft glue
- The Spellbinders® Grand Calibur® Machine
- empty paper towel roll
- fan brush
- watercolor paper
- drill gun
- drill bits
- wooden block
- wooden skewer
- craft paper
- pipe cleaners
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Paint two sides of the wooden block in Prussian Blue; two sides in Deep Burgundy; and two sides in Oyster Beige.
- Sand the edges and corners.
- Cut the brown cardstock into 1.5" strips. Run the cardstock through the Spellbinders machine in a folder of your choice. Using a fan brush, apply a light coat of Espresso to the embossed areas.
- Using craft glue, glue the embossed strips to approximately the center of the block sides. (Refer to photo for placement.)
- Wrap a piece of jute around the center approximately three times. Tie in the back and use craft glue to adhere into place. (Tuck in edges if needed.)
- Cut a piece of watercolor paper to fit cardboard roll. Run through the Spellbinders embossing folder. Use craft glue to adhere it to the cardboard roll. Cut a circle from the watercolor paper. Cut from the outer edge of the roll to the center. Roll to make a cone and glue to the top of the cardboard roll. Paint the roll in Prussian Blue and the cone in Deep Burgundy. Paint the interior bottom 1" of roll in Prussian Blue.
- Run craft paper through the same embossing folder in the Spellbinders machine. Cut into a 3.5" square. Paint Deep Burgundy and wipe back any opaque areas. Cut the corners diagonally toward the center approximately 1.25". Repeat with 2.5" square painted Oyster Beige.
- Fold in one corner on each cut side and glue down. Glue a button for decorative embellishment.
- Drill angled holes approximately the size of the wooden skewer where the pieces will be inserted into the wooden block.
- Paint the wooden skewers Lamp Black; let dry. Sand back lightly once dried. Cut to the desired length, adding approximately 1.5" to allow for the hole in the block. Glue pieces onto the wooden skewers.
- With a pencil and the tracing and transfer papers, transfer and cut out the large circle pattern onto watercolor paper and paint it Deep Burgundy. Transfer and cut the small circle onto craft paper. Paint the font in Oyster Beige and the shadow using Lamp Black. Glue together pieces and glue to the front jute.
- Optional: Use Primary Blue to brighten Prussian Blue areas and Primary Red to brighten Deep Burgundy areas. Use Snow White to brighten Oyster Beige.
- Twist pipe cleaners around a finger to curl. Use craft glue to adhere the inside of the rocket. Wrap a pipe cleaner around the wooden block over the jute, using craft glue to adhere to the surface.