Fox Wreath with Metallic Accents
Posted by DecoArt on Sep 15th 2015
Add this unique wreath to a door or any room in your home for a nature-inspired accent.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- tracing paper
- transfer paper
- #3 round brush
- 1/4" flat brush
- #5 round brush
- #0 liner brush
- 1/4" angle brush
- wood filler
- 1" angle brush
- E6000 Glue
- basswood round
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- If needed, fill in any holes on the basswood round with wood filler and let dry. Once dry, sand to a smooth surface.
- Create a mix of Buff Beige with a small amount of Pink Cadillac. Use the mix and a 1/4" angle brush to paint the prepared surface.
- Transfer the fox head to the basswood round surface using the transfer paper and a pencil.
- Using a 1/4" flat brush and #3 round brush, paint one coat each of Cocoa Bean and White Birch to the fox face. (See photo for color placement. ) Paint the nose and eyes in Black Tie.
- Transfer the floral elements in background using transfer paper and a pencil.
- Create a mix of Red Barn and a small amount of Buff Beige and use to paint in the mushrooms. Save mix for later step. Paint the mushroom stems in Buff Beige. Add a small amount of Buff Beige and Orange Sherbet to the Red Barn/Buff Beige mix and use the new mix to paint the orange-red areas. Save mix for later step. Add more Buff Beige and Orange Sherbet to the mix and use to paint the lightest orange elements with it.
- Mix Canary with White Birch and use to paint in the yellow elements. Paint the blue elements with Sky Blue. Mix Chartreuse with White Birch and use the mix to paint the light green foliage. Save mix for later step. Mix Green Beret, Buff Beige, and a small amount of Cocoa Bean and use mix to paint in the dark green foliage. Save mix for later step.
- If needed, transfer the foliage detailing using transfer paper and a pencil.
- Use the handle end of the brush to add Buff Beige dots on the tops of the mushrooms. Use the Chartreuse/White Birch mix from step 7 to add details to the dark foliage using a liner brush. Use the Green Beret/Buff Beige/Cocoa Bean mix from step 7 to add details to the light foliage. Mix Orange Sherbet and Buff Beige to add detailing on the yellow and purple flowers.
- Use the Red Barn/Buff Beige mix from step 6 to add detailing to the orange-red flowers. Use the Buff Beige/Orange Sherbet/Red Barn mix from step 6 to add detailing on the orange flowers. Mix Night Sky and a small amount of Green Beret and use to add details to the blue flowers. Use the handle end of the brush and mixes from steps 6 and 7 to add blue, yellow, red, and orange dots in the centers of the flowers.
- Completely paint in the fox using Cocoa Bean and White Birch. Use a liner brush to outline the White Birch area in Cocoa Bean.
- Transfer the face markings to the fox using a pencil and the training and transfer papers.
- Paint in the face markings using a detail/liner brush in Splendid Gold. Outline the pink background with Splendid Gold triangles.
- Apply a light coat of Splendid Gold to sticks for the outside wreath.
- Using E6000 Glue, adhere the sticks to the wreath.