Turn a wooden frame into a tribute to the colors and textures of Fall.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- 1" flat brush
- burlap ribbon
- hot glue gun and glue sticks
- 1" foam brush
- ribbon to match
- wooden letter
- floral wire
- wooden frame
- wood shape
- rub on transfer
- wire cutters
- floral pick
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Paint a frame with a thin coat of Eggplant using a 1" foam brush. (Allow some of the natural wood to show through.) Allow to dry and lightly sand with sandpaper.
- Mix equal parts of water and Paprika.
- Apply the mix to the frame, creating a glazed effect. Wipe off excess with a paper towel. Save mix for later use.
- Paint some of the pumpkins from the floral pick, if desired. Mix and layer colors to achieve desired effect. Shown: Inchworm on top of Paprika.
- Mix Eggplant with a small amount of Paprika for another pumpkin.
- Using a 1" flat brush, paint a wooden letter in the monogram of choice in Black Tie.
- Lightly distress the letter around the edges with sandpaper once it is dry.
- Paint the wooden oval with an even coat of Inchworm. Lightly sand around the edges with sandpaper.
- Brush the oval with remaining watered-down Paprika. Quickly wipe off excess with a paper towel.
- Cut out individual rub-on letters to spell out a desired saying. Before rubbing on, place them on the wood in a desired placement. Burnish the lettering on the oval according to packaging instructions.
- Using heavy-duty wire cutters, remove the excess stems from the floral picks.
- Cut a piece of wide burlap ribbon approximately 6" longer than the length of the frame. Cut a V-shape at the end of the ribbon. Repeat with a smaller ribbon.
- Apply a narrow bead of hot glue to the back of the narrow ribbon, adhering it onto the burlap. Flip the frame to the back side and adhere the burlap ribbon to the top and bottom of the frame.
- Using floral wire, attach the floral picks to the frame. Use hot glue as needed to glue the picks to the frame.
- Make a bow from glittered ribbon.
- Use hot glue to attach ribbon to the top of the frame. Cut a length of narrow ribbon (approximately 8" long) for hanger. Loop around the frame cut-outs and tie in a knot at each end. Use hot glue to attach the letter to the ribbon. Glue the wooden oval to the frame.