Get an eyeful of color and sparkle with this wall décor made with Galaxy Glitters™.
- masking tape
- papier mâché box
- wooden shape
- Gather the Americana Acrylic colors: Snow White, Citron Green, Festive Green, Desert Turquoise, Vivid Violet, and Dioxazine Purple.
- Gather the Galaxy Glitter colors: Clear Ice Comet, Ultraviolet, Supernova Berry, Solar Flare Orange, Extraterrestrial Green, Milky Way Blue, Purple Eclipse, and Black Hole.
- Using a piece of cardboard or foam core board, draw an eye shape the size you want. Cut out with scissors or an X-Acto knife.
- Use a wooden circle for the iris of the eye. (Or cut a circle from cardboard or foam core board.)
- For the pupil, cut a circle from the inside of a papier mâché lid. (Or you can use a thinner cardboard like a cereal box to cut the circle.)
- Check to see if the pieces are appropriately-sized before gluing together.
- For the eyelashes, cut 11 of the same size rectangles from the foam core board or cardboard.
- Trace the top curve of the eyeball onto the foam core or cardboard. Cut out a shape to make an eyelid. (Also, the overall shape of the eye, eyelid, and eyelashes can be cut as one shape from one large piece of cardboard or foam core board.)
- For the faux look of papier mâché, cover the entire eye with masking tape. (This with strengthened the areas where the pieces are attached and gave a uniform surface.)
- Make a looped wall hanging mount with a piece of string.
- Basecoat the entire eye with Snow White. Allow to dry. Paint the eyelashes with a mix of Citron Green and Festive Green. Around the eyeball, paint with Vivid Violet. The iris of the eye is painted with Desert Turquoise and the pupil with Dioxazine Purple. Allow all to dry completely.
- Mix 1:1 Texture Sand Paste with Festive Green and paint on the eyelashes. Mix 1:1 Texture Sand Paste with Vivid Violet and paint around the eye. Mix 1:1 Texture Sand Past with Desert Turquoise and paint the iris. Mix 1:1 Texture Sand Paste with Dioxazine Purple and paint the pupil. Allow to dry.
- Use Galaxy Glitters to bring on the shine: Clear Ice Comet is painted on the white of the eye. Paint on Milky Way Blue for the iris. Layer Supernova Berry and Ultraviolet for the eyelids. Extraterrestrial Green is painted on the eyelashes. The pupil is painted with Purple Eclipse. Allow to dry. Add more coats of Galaxy Glitter where needed for uniform coverage.
- Paint a circle of Black Hole in the center of the pupil. Allow to dry. Paint a smaller circle in the pupil with Snow White. Allow to dry and paint the small circle with Clear Ice Comet. To finish, paint edges of eyelashes with Solar Flare Orange and Ultraviolet.