Express yourself with a pair of shoes and DecoArt® Stylin™ paint.
- stylus or pencil
- transfer paper
- wax paper or freezer paper
- 1" painter's tape
- fine/small brush
- medium brush
Let dry completely between steps.
- Use painter's tape to cover the areas of the shoes that will not be painted Black. (The front panel, shoe lace border, and part of the back of the shoe will remain.) Cover the tongue of the shoe with wax or freezer paper.
- Use a medium brush to cover all exposed areas in Black Stylin paint.
- Using all other colors and working from dark to light, splatter paint over the Black-coated areas: Use your finger to pull the paint-coated bristles back on the brush, hold it close to the area you want to cover, and fling the paint onto the surface.
- Remove the tape and touch-up any areas needed with White.
- Using the pattern provided, paint the shape of the spray can in with White on the splattered area and Black on the top edge.
- Mix White and Black together and fill in the spray can with several coats of the gray mix.
- Use Black and the pattern to finish the image with line detail.
- Mark off the area for the spray from the paint can with painter's tape and paint the area, blending the colors out from Red to Orange, and then Fuchsia.
- Remove the tape and touch up any areas needed.
- Map out the graffiti letters and fill in with various colors the words "Make Art" on the right shoe and "Not War" on the left. (Try to use brighter colors that will pop, such as Yellow, Red, Orange, Turquoise, and Fuchsia.)
- After you have filled in the graffiti letters, outline them in Black.
- Add highlights to the spray can using White.