Easter candy takes on a whole new look when you add a colorful rabbit to a plain glass jar.
- water container
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- liner brush
- soft bristle, full brush
- clean glass jar
- soft bristle, shorter brush
- chopsticks (optional)
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Print off the pattern and tape it to the inside of the jar with painter's tape.
- Outline the rabbit, features, and egg using a liner brush and Black Crystal.
- Mix Pink Crystal and White Crystal into a light pink. Dip a soft bristle, full brush into the mix, dipping generously. Add to the rabbit, working the paint around to all edges. (Save mix for later step.)
- When the paint is thoroughly dry, add another coat of the Pink Crystal/White Crystal mix from step 3. When the desired color is achieved, let dry again.
- Paint Pink Crystal for the inside of the rabbit's left ear. (You can mix Pink Crystal and Red Crystal for a darker pink and use it for the rabbit's nose as well.)
- For the eye, use Blue Crystal mixed with White Crystal for a lighter blue.
- For the whisker/cheek area, use Yellow Crystal.
- For the teeth, use White Crystal.
- Outline the egg using a liner brush and Black Crystal.
- Paint dots on the egg using the tip of a chopstick or the handle end of a paintbrush. When paint is thoroughly dry, paint the egg in a color of your choice.
- For textured dots, carefully use generous amounts of paint for a second coat and dry the jar flat.
- For a more defined, bolder border, trace the images with Black Crystal when finished painting the color.
- For the grass, dip a soft bristle, shorter brush generously into Green Crystal. Outline where you want to start painting the blades by blotting the brush onto the surface, making the mound for the rabbit.
- Mix Green Crystal and Yellow Crystal 1:1. Using a liner brush and the mix, paint the blades at the top of the Green Crystal mound around the rabbit, covering the mound.
- Using a liner brush and Green Crystal, paint the darker blades on top of the Green Crystal/Yellow Crystal mix. (If you would like even darker green blades, mix Green Crystal and Black Crystal.)
- Paint the lid in Sea Glass. Use the end of the paintbrush to create dotted flowers in coordinating colors on the rim. Coat the lid for protection with Americana Primer & Sealer.