Show off your rock painting skills by creating an entire village with Americana Multi-Surface Satins!
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- #0 liner brush
- #0 round brush
- fake moss
- Wood White Picket Fence Decor: 18 x 2 inches
- #1 paint brush
- e6000 adhesive glue
Collect rocks similar in size. Wash and dry all rocks before painting.
- Using a pencil, draw on the rock to give you a idea how each house or building will work on the rock.
- Begin by covering the designated house rock with Americana Multi-Surface Black Tie for the roof. To create the look of shingles, blend Cotton Ball with Black Tie to create a gray and use the tip of the round brush to make short brush strokes. Use Dolphin on the bottom of the house to create the house skirt and stairs. Outline with the blended Cotton Ball and Black Tie.
- Use Americana Multi-Surface Lemon Zest for the body of the house. Add details to the house using Black Tie, Cotton Ball, Poppy, Red Hot and Green Apple. To create small flowers use the #0 Liner brush and colors of choice.
- Using Americana Multi-Surface Poppy, Night Sky and Cotton Ball begin your second home. Lighten Poppy with adding a dot of Cotton Ball to the paint. Use lightened paint to cover the house completely. Add Cotton Ball to Night Sky and paint the roof and patio roof. Outline and highlight roof with Night Sky, giving it a metal roof look. Outline your house with Poppy to make edges pop.
- Use Americana Multi-Surface Cotton Ball, Red Hot, Green Apple and Coffee Bean to add details to your house. Paint in windows, flowers and grass all using a liner brush.
- To create the school house paint the rock with Americana Multi-Surface Cotton Ball and Black Tie. Paint a school bell by painting Dolphin as the base color.
- Apply Americana Multi-Surface Red Hot on the roof portion. Outline and paint shingles with Black Tie. Use Dolphin to paint slats on the school. Add a small amount of Poppy to the bell to add a little color. Finish off by using Coffee Bean to create benches in front of the school.
- For the Happy Hardware store use Americana Multi-Surface Black Tie, Cotton Ball, Coffee Bean, Green Apple and Red Hot. Keep it simple by adding two doors, a sign and a small hammer and screw driver on the front.
- To create the water tower take two rocks and glue together using E6000. Use Americana Multi-Surface Cotton Ball for the top round portion and the legs of the tower. Outline in Black Tie. Apply Red Hot and Black Tie for the "HAPPYVILLE" sign.
- Using small rocks and Americana Multi-Surface Cotton Ball, Black Tie, Night Sky, Green Apple and Red Hot create cows for the farm.
- For Happy Organics store start by painting the rock with Americana Multi-Surface Apple Green. Use Black Tie for the roof. For the sign paint Coffee Bean in a long rectangle and outline with Black Tie. Use Lemon Zest and Red Hot for lettering. Doors are created by applying Coffee Bean and Cotton Ball and outlined in Black Tie. Create a display table with Coffee Bean and paint in fruits with Red Hot, Lemon Zest, Green Apple and Eggplant.
- To create a pick up truck find a unique shaped rock. Use Americana Multi-Surface Cotton Ball for the exterior or truck. Use Black Tie for tires. Add front and back lights with Lemon Zest and Red Hot. For the truck liner and sky use Night Sky and a little Cotton Ball for clouds. Coffee bean is used for the road. If a shadow is desired use Dolphin to create a outline of the driver.
- For the barn use Americana Multi-Surface Red Hot for the entire surface. Use cotton Ball to outline the barn, windows and doors. Paint the slats and roof with Balck Tie. Use Coffee Bean to create hay in the opening of the door.
- For the car use Americana Multi-Surface Poppy for the exterior of the car. For the tires use Black Tie and Dolphin. For the lights use Lemon Zest and Red Hot. Coffee Bean is used to create the road underneath the car. If a shadow driver is desired use Dolphin to create the shadow. Highlight with Cotton Ball and Coffee Bean.
- For the lake use Americana Multi-Surface Night Sky and Cotton Ball. Apply Night sky as the base color and create waves by adding Cotton Ball and blending both colors.
- Find a fun spot to display your town. Add white picket fencing to create a fun small town look! If desired add moss to give a grass look.