This honey storage jar, glittering with Americana® Gloss Enamels, is so easy even the kids can make it.
- water container
- palette or plastic plate
- paper towels
- painter's tape
- Contac® paper
- X-Acto® knife
- #1 liner brush
- glass jar with metal-clasped lid
- 6" x 6" chicken wire stencil
- cosmetic sponges
Let dry completely between painting steps.
- Remove the product label from the jar; wash and dry thoroughly. Wrap a chicken wire stencil around the front of the jar and tape down with painter's tape.
- Use a cosmetic sponge lightly dipped in White. Wipe off excess paint on the plate or palette before applying to the jar surface. Do two light coats.
- Use a clean cosmetic sponge lightly dipped in Bright Yellow. Wipe excess paint on the plate or palette before applying to the jar surface. Lightly dab one coat.
- Use the same Bright Yellow sponge to add a small amount of Bright Orange and lightly dab over Bright Yellow, blending the two colors.
- Print off a bumblebee pattern or make your own by drawing a bumblebee on 2" x 2" piece of Contac® paper. Cut it out with X-Acto® knife and place on lid.
- Use a cosmetic sponge with White to basecoat the lid, wiping off excess paint on the plate or palette before applying to the jar surface.
- Use another sponge with Bright Yellow to dab on body.
- Use a #1 liner brush with Black to paint on the stripes, stinger, and detail on the wings, and to outline the entire thing.
- Bake the jar in an oven set on 325 degrees for 30 minutes for extra durability and to make dishwasher safe.